Click on the link below to download this year’s registration form or fill out your information using the form at the bottom of the page.
2014 HarvestShare Registration Form
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is an alternative, locally-based model of agriculture in which
individuals/familes share the risk and benefits of a family farm, or network of farms, by purchasing a “share” at the beginning of the year and receiving a box of produce each week throughout the season.
Anathoth offers a similar program with a unique twist we call HarvestShare. In our HarvestShare CSA program, folks who want to support our mission are invited to make an investment in our ministry, and in doing so, receive and donate a box of produce each week throughout the season. In addition to fresh vegetables, “Sharegivers” will be invited to enjoy our workdays, potlucks meals, workshops, cooking demonstrations, special events, and worship services.
- Expand distribution of fresh, organic produce, ensuring food access for more food-insecure people in and around Cedar Grove
- Engage, educate, and empower teenagers in the community throughout the season with the skills to grow and market food and work together collaboratively
- Connect urban and suburban people with rural needs and gifts, and vice versa.
- Develop a church-based market for local, organic farmers (as HarvestShare expands, produce will be sourced from surrounding farms, though still packed and distributed by teens)
- Create an innovative and sustainable revenue stream which will allow Anathoth to deepen its mission and advance a model of an effective, faith-based community garden
– Full Share (family of four): $1,200: about $50/week ($25 for your box, $25 for a box for someone else)
- Half Share (one to two people): $600: about $25/week ($12 for your box, $12 for a box for someone else)
Half of this cost is considered a tax-deductible donation.
Register before the end of the year and receive an Anathoth Community Garden organic cotton T-shirt.
Approximately, April 15-October 15 (about 6 months). Members will be notified when the season is ready to begin.
An ample and diverse portion of fresh, sustainably-grown vegetables, small fruit, cut flowers, (eggs, chicken, and bread optional on a week-by-week basis at an additional cost ).
All produce will be priced and packed according to its comparable retail value at local farmer’s markets.
The Pick Up:
Each week, the boxes of food will be available for pick up from Anathoth Community Garden in Cedar Grove on Saturday after our community workday between 11:30-1:30pm (home or town deliveries only to those who are incapable of coming to the garden). We encourage ”Sharegivers” and “Sharereceivers” to join us for the workday and/or the potluck afterwards. The purpose is to fellowship with one another, not merely to pick up a box. We will say a prayer of thanksgiving for the food together before it is distributed and the potluck meal is shared.
**We will drop off produce boxes each week at churches in Durham, Chapel Hill, and Hillsborough.
Terms & Conditions
a.) We will do our best to provide fresh produce pickups of the designated crops at the designated times throughout the season which will run, approx.. from April 15- October 15. However, there is both potential bounty and risk associated with growing food; many variables such as weather, pests (including, sometimes, humans!) and diseases will dictate the outcome of the growing season. Anathoth, therefore, cannot be held responsible for inadequate supply, and the volume and diversity of produce will vary over the course of the six-month season. HarvestShare members share the rewards (which include more than just food!) and risks with the Anathoth.
b.) To the extent that they are able, all members of HarvestShare are required to pick up their boxes of produce from Anathoth every Saturday between 11:30-1:30pm.
- Members may coordinate with one another to pick up boxes if they are unable to pick up their box every Saturday (i.e. four families who live in the same neighborhood or go to the same church can arrange it so that each family would only have to pick up boxes once a month). However, each member must come to the garden at least once a month to pick up their box. Choose your dates below.
- Members may contact Anathoth by phone or email with at least 24-hour notice if they will not be able to pick up their box, and we will gladly save the box to be picked up at another time or date (however, please do make this a habit). If you do not contact us, your box will be donated.
- Deliveries will be made to those who are not capable of picking up their box from the garden.
c.) To the extent that they are able, all members are required to share the work of growing the produce for at least six workdays throughout the season, which should include joining us for a potluck meal (so bring a dish to share) and, regularly, cooking demonstrations, pizza parties, music, and other forms of fun.
- Full Shares are recommended for families of four or more, Half Shares for individuals and couples. Half of listed price includes a donation of a share to someone else in the community and is, therefore, tax deductible. You will receive a receipt for this donation at the end of the season.
- Payments can be made in 6 installments by sending signed, post-dated checks. We will deposit each check at the beginning of each month.
If you’re interested in investing in our ministry by becoming a “Sharegiver”, fill out the form below and someone will contact you with more information. Or, you may download the registration form and sent it to us by mail.