- 1 ½ pounds collards, kale or other greens, washed and trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Tear or chop greens into bite-size pieces. Place olive oil in a large skillet, and turn heat to medium-high. Add garlic and, when it colors, the greens. Toss frequently, and cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add chicken stock, salt and pepper. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, and add wine. Cook, uncovered and stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid has evaporated and the greens are tender.
To see the full New York Times Recipe, click here.