Recipe taken from Wine & Glue
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach — you can always mix in other greens (like head lettuce)
- 1 quart strawberries quartered
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin — you can use our spring onions!
- 1/4 cup almond slices toasted
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar. Shake well until the sugar is dissolved and the dressing is combined.
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Very lightly dress the salad right before serving, reserving the rest of the dressing on the side for people to add more.
- To toast almonds place a small skillet over low heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Add almond slices and stir often until desired level of toasted-ness, about five minutes. Cool before adding to the salad.