Anathoth is looking for a super star
About Anathoth: Anathoth Community Garden is a non-profit agricultural community organization based in Cedar Grove, NC. Our top priority is to meet the needs of the surrounding community, particularly in light of COVID-19. We are an organization in transition and this role will be a good fit for someone that is able to navigate changing priorities with grace and ease.
Critical to our mission is building bridges between people in spite of differences of race, ethnicity, class, and perspective. We believe this work is exciting/important but also very taxing. This work requires an understanding of systemic issues but most importantly it requires a substantial amount of courage, compassion, and resilience.
Commitment: 20-30 hours/week, July-November with the possibility of extension into a
long-term or permanent position.
– Co-managing all farm operations, in co-facilitating volunteers, and gaining on-the-job training in nonprofit and farm management.
– Co- supervision of the Garden site.
– Seed propagation, bed prep, soil fertility, pest and disease management, planting, weeding, irrigation, harvest and post-harvest handling.
– Budgeting and record keeping.
– Free produce market distribution.
– Will be responsible for crop planning and budgeting.
– Planning and managing work days.
– Co-facilitating workdays and workshops.
– There is a strong possibility that youth programming will be part of this role in the future.
– Previous experience farming.
– Previous Non-Profit administration experience is a plus
– Commitment to social justice and the mission of Anathoth.
– Impeccable record keeping abilities.
– Familiar with sustainable farming practices.
– Previous experience facilitating or working with youth.
– Grant Writing and fundraising experience is desired
To apply: Please send a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should address your previous relevant experience, availability, and why you want to work at Anathoth. Application review will begin March 22, 2021. Compensation: Starting $20/hr, including healthcare.