Recipe taken from Sprouted Kitchen
- 1 leek, halved and cleaned
- 1 small bunch swiss chard, stem and ribs removed (or 5 cups chopped dark leafy green of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or creme fraiche
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- sea salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375′. Warm 1/2 Tbsp. of the oil in a pan over medium heat. Slice the leek into thin half moons and add it to the pan. Sauté for 5 minutes until well softened.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream well with the cayenne and generous pinch of salt and pepper. Add the leeks into the bowl.
- Warm another 1/2 Tbsp. of the oil and sauté the greens with a small pinch of salt until wilted, about 3 minutes. Allow them cool slightly, releasing the steam pockets. Add the greens to the egg bowl along with half the feta and stir everything to mix.
- In an 8″ pan, preferably non-stick, warm the remaining Tbsp. of olive oil over low heat. Add the egg mixture to the pan, sprinkle the top with the remaining feta and cook for about 5 minutes until the edges start to look cooked. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for about 15 minutes until you jiggle the pan (with a mitt, it’ll be hot) and the center of the frittata is slightly soft. It will set as it cools. Slice the frittata into wedges and serve with warm buttered toast.