Recipe from HarvestShare member, Jon Luis
- You’ll need an oven ready dutch oven for this recipe.
- Ground Cumin
- 6 boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions or scallions
- 1 head cabbage, cored, halved, thin sliced and chopped up
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Lightly coat chicken thighs with cumin. Season with pepper and salt.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in your dutch oven to med high. Add chicken thighs and brown on all sides. Remove to a plate.
- Lower the heat and add green onions, sauté until just fragrant.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Adjust heat to medium.
- Add cabbage, season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until just wilted.
- Turn off heat. Nestle chicken thighs on top of cabbage, add green onion mixture and drizzle with cider vinegar.
- Place dutch oven in the oven and cook 20-25 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Serve 1 thigh per person with plenty of cabbage.