Recipe taken from Jackie Newgent
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice + 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 10 fairytale eggplants* (5 ounces total)
- 1/2 small red hot pepper, extra-thinly sliced or minced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, pan-toasted
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the tahini, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of the sea salt. Set aside.
- Halve the fairytale eggplants lengthwise. Brush the cut surface with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Grill on both sides over direct medium-high heat until rich grill marks form, about 10 minutes total.
- Arrange the grilled eggplants on a large plate. Sprinkle with the remaining pinch sea salt. Drizzle with the lemony-tahini dressing. Garnish w/the lemon zest, hot pepper, pine nuts, mint and, if desired, feta cheese. Enjoy!