Recipe taken from The Recipe Critic
- 8 oz flat rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 8 oz uncooked shrimp uncooked chicken (cut into bite-size pieces) or extra firm tofu (cut into small cubes)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the fish sauce
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon light soy sauce
- 5 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons sriracha or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter optional
- Cook or soak rice noodles according to package instructions, until tender.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, chicken or tofu, garlic and bell pepper. The shrimp will cook quickly, about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until pink. If using chicken, cook until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes, flipping only once.
- Push everything to the side of the pan. Add a little more oil and add the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs, breaking them into small pieces with a spatula as they cook.
- Add noodles, sauce, bean sprouts and peanuts to the pan (reserving some peanuts for topping at the end). Toss everything to combine.
- Top with green onions, extra peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges. Serve immediately!