Recipe from HarvestShare member, Jon Luis
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb (1 bunch) Swish Chard (stems and leaves washed, dried and chopped)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4-1 lb pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 8 tortillas, either corn or flour
- 1 jar (12-14 oz) salsa, as hot as you like
- Sour cream and sliced green onions for topping
- Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a large skillet; cook the potatoes until golden brown. Place on a paper towel and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the chard stems to the skillet. Cook until beginning to soften.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the chard leaves and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add the potatoes and 1 cup of the cheese to the mix and toss together.
- Preheat an oven to 350 deg.
- Put ½ cup or so of the salsa to a baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons or so of the mixture to a tortilla and roll up, placing in the dish seam side down. Repeat for all the tortillas. *If using corn tortillas, cook in the skillet for a few seconds to soften before filling.
- Top the tortillas with the rest of the salsa and spread the rest of the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the filling is beginning to bubble.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions on the top.
- *You can add a protein such as pork, sausage or chicken if desired, simply chop it up small and cook until browned then add the filling before rolling tortillas.