Recipe taken from Unicorns in the Kitchen
- 1/2 cup wheat bulgur (See Note #1)
- 1 1/2 cups parsley finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 Persian cucumbers diced (See note #2)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook the bulgur according to the instructions on the package. If you’re using very fine bulgur, pour 1/2 cup hot water on the bulgur and let it sit for fifteen minutes, squeeze out and discard excess water and place the cooked bulgur in a large bowl.
- Add parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh mint to the bulgur. Mix well. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge to cool for thirty minutes.
- In another bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, salt and pepper and place it in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad, stir well and serve immediately.
- You can use regular or fine bulgur. If using regular bulgur, cook it according to the packaging and if you’re fine bulgur, just pour some hot water on it and let it sit for 15 minutes, squeeze out the excess water and then use the cooked bulgur in the recipe. The amount of bulgur used in this recipe depends on your preference, you can use less if you prefer your salad to be greener. For this recipe, I used whole wheat regular bulgur.
- You can use half of an English cucumber.
- Tabbouleh salad is best served the same day.