Anathoth Community Garden
Cedar Grove, NC
Seeking: Farm Manager
Commitment: 20-30 hours/week, April-November with the possibility of extension into a long-term or permanent position.
About Anathoth: Anathoth Community Garden is a non-profit agricultural community organization based in Cedar Grove, NC. Our top priority is to meet the food needs of the surrounding community, particularly in light of COVID-19. We are an organization in transition and this role will be a good fit for someone that is able to navigate changing priorities with grace and ease. Normal programming such as community work days are currently suspended but may be resumed later in the season depending on the pandemic and may become part of the job responsibilities in the future.
- Managing all farm operations, in facilitating other seasonal crew members and volunteers, and gaining on-the-job training in nonprofit and farm management.
- Supervision of Garden site.
- Lawn care and maintenance.
- Supervision of crew members.
- Familiar with sustainable farming practices.
- Seed propagation, bed prep, soil fertility, pest and disease management, planting, weeding, irrigation, harvest and post-harvest handling.
- Budgeting and record keeping.
- Free produce market distribution.
- Will be responsible for crop planning and budgeting.
- Must be able to operate a lawn mower and BCS tractor.
- Previous experience farming.
- Commitment to social justice and the mission of Anathoth.
- Impeccable record keeping abilities.
To apply: Please send resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should address the following: prior farming experience, ability to supervise the work of others as well as work as part of a team, availability, and why you want to work at Anathoth. Application review will begin March 22, 2021.
Compensation: Starting $20/hr, including healthcare
Ideal start date: Apr 1, 2021