Executive Director of Anathoth Community Garden and Farm
About Anathoth: Anathoth Community Garden & Farm is a 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry whose mission is healing divisions between neighbors and the land by growing food together in Cedar Grove, NC. We do this by running a sliding-scale CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program, providing education and employment to young adult and youth interns, and fostering community through a variety of workdays and events. We believe in doing this work to promote our values of: the sacredness of all creation, health, reconciliation, nonviolence and restorative justice, reciprocity, and sharing our faith.
Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will direct, plan, organize, staff, motivate, and manage a community garden and farm ministry which carries out our mission. Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits.
Duties of this position include:
- Strategic planning and board communication – Work with the Board of Directors to plan and implement the programs to best fit the mission using resources available, attend board meetings, report to the board.
- Financial reporting and oversight – Prepare financial reports, maintain the operating budget of the organization, follow all applicable laws and regulations.
- Development – Work with the Board of Directors to raise the annual budget of the organization, cultivate relationships with donors, write and manage grants.
- HarvestShare (CSA) Coordination and Communication – Manage and recruit for HarvestShare, operate farm/market garden production (plan for, plant, tend, and harvest produce along with staff), communicate with HarvestShare members.
- Staff and Intern Supervision – Supervise all personnel, including young adult and youth interns, seasonal staff, and other permanent staff.
- Public and community relations – Plan and attend regular community events, issue communications, and build healthy community relationships.
Requirements of the job include:
- A four-year university degree (master’s or study in a field related to agriculture/theology a plus) or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience running a farm or market garden
- 2 or more years of experience in a non-profit setting, Executive Director experience preferred
- Strong communication in both writing and public speaking (Spanish proficiency a plus)
- Experience building trusting relationships with a diversity of individuals and organizations
- Fluency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, social media platforms, website maintenance, and other applications as needed
- Fundraising and grant-writing experience
Salary commensurate with experience and other skills. Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits. Anathoth Community Garden & Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an equitable work environment. People of color, women, LGBTQ+ candidates, and other candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Ideally, candidate would be available starting October 1, 2019.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through September 1, 2019.